On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 10/27/11, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> > In any case, yes.. I think this is the way to go. I am
>> > just hoping there will be a way to opt out those
>> > components in favor of the system libraries when those
>> > available.
>>
>> me too but we should move forward and we can change it at
>> any time when we have a better solution.
>>

> I am OK with that, but let me attempt to dump what I think:
>
> 1) you are not bringing in *anything* copyleft, that directory
> will only be for the non-restrictive stuff that we need: ICU,
> Boost, etc.

I think it is like the SVN trunk.  We initially bring it all in, and
then remove the copyleft parts.  Of course if we can remove them
before hand, that is good as well.  But whatever order we do the work,
we cannot release until we've done the IP review.

The files are currently hosted here:

http://hg.services.openoffice.org/binaries/

Since the build currently depends on that, I think we want to move
those files now, to Apache, rather than wait too long.

-Rob