Hi Rob,*

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:13:40 -0500
> Von: Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>

> And I'm sure there is choice and in how one structures a telephone
> book as well. Alphabetical versus topical.  Fonts choices.  Consistent
> ways of abbreviating given names. But he courts have held that the
> facts expressed in telephone directory are not copyrightable.

I tried to not comment - but it is really a shame to see people being such
ignorant.

US copyright law is not the only law that is relevant here. Relevant is
the local law of the creator of the dictionary - and actually there *are*
countries where such work ist protected. German law is at least one
example for that. (This may sound stupid to you, but it is a simple
fact.)

All this discussion is indeed futile, as long as you want to accept your
local views only.

regards,

André