On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2011, at 8:14 AM, Olivier R. wrote:
>
>> Maybe just because you are an Apache member and you make a strong statement
>> on an Apache list about FLOSS you are willing to bundle in your software.
>> I’d prefer an official statement about this point, if you don’t mind.
>
> An official opinion is a reasonable request.

Note that you won't likely get an official opinion on this list, and
I'd discourage seeking an official opinion except where the outcome
makes a difference to the work of an Apache project. (Our Legal
Affairs team are also volunteers, and they support a huge number of
projects.)

In this case, as Rob has already said, it doesn't matter whether
claims about copyright are valid or not. Some authors clearly have a
strong preference that we not use their work, and we're generally not
in the business of being jerks.

Noirin