On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:12:32PM +0100, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 RGB ES wrote:
> >2011/11/11 Andrea Pescetti
> >>Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged users
> >>unless there is a way to make dictionary installation so smooth ...
> >Yes, except that OOo builds did never distribute dictionaries outside
> >English, French and Italian (the Spanish dictionary was so useless that do
> >not count!): for most of AOOo users all around the world, the need to
> >download dictionaries and install them "by hand" will not be a new
> >experience.
>
> Really? Honestly, you might be right, since I actually never tried
> to download the, say, Swedish build and check if it included a
> Swedish dictionary; I just assumed it did.
>
> But I just checked and if I download the Swedish version
> http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/sv/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm-wJRE_sv.tar.gz
> the package contains openoffice.org3-dict-sv-3.3.0-9567.i586.rpm
> which in turn contains sv_SE.dic ; now, either I was just lucky (I
> picked a language at random) or we did (we do) distribute
> dictionaries in the localized versions of OpenOffice.org.

Ricardo was surely talking about the Spanish dictionaries. You can get
an idea about what was distributed with the langpacks by browsing
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/dictionaries/
If you look at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/dictionaries/es_ES/
only the spelling dict. was distributed (no hyph. nor thes.).

A rough analysis http://people.apache.org/~arielch/dictionaries.ods
shows that more than half language packs didn't distribute the three DICT,
HYPHEN and THES dics.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile