On 11/11/2011 RGB ES wrote:
2011/11/11 Andrea Pescetti
Excluding dictionaries from builds would result in confused/enraged users
unless there is a way to make dictionary installation so smooth ...
Yes, except that OOo builds did never distribute dictionaries outside
English, French and Italian (the Spanish dictionary was so useless that do
not count!): for most of AOOo users all around the world, the need to
download dictionaries and install them "by hand" will not be a new
experience.

Really? Honestly, you might be right, since I actually never tried to download the, say, Swedish build and check if it included a Swedish dictionary; I just assumed it did.

But I just checked and if I download the Swedish version
http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/sv/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Linux_x86_install-rpm-wJRE_sv.tar.gz
the package contains openoffice.org3-dict-sv-3.3.0-9567.i586.rpm which in turn contains sv_SE.dic ; now, either I was just lucky (I picked a language at random) or we did (we do) distribute dictionaries in the localized versions of OpenOffice.org.

Regards,
  Andrea.