--- On Sat, 11/19/11, Mathias Bauer <mathias_ba...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Am 19.11.2011 15:22, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
>
> > I think we could use a SVN branch as a buffer to
> > integrate CWSs one by one; that way we don't interrupt
> > current work and get to try the CWSs before the tree
> > changes too much to make merging difficult.
> >
> > Creating branches is very easy and any committer can
> > do it.
> > Is there a way to get CWSs as diffs?
>
> You mean the existing ones from hg?

Yes.

> We discussed that some weeks ago. I still prefer the
> conversion of a cws in single diffs, each one
> representing a single commit. It seems to be
> doable for most cws.

OK, I lost that discussion but it's OK: are there plans
to merge anything else before 3.4?

We still don't have a strategy for after the IP
clearance: I hope after we branch for 3.4 we just
don't go wild on trunk. ;).

> For the ones we integrated, the diffs have been
> applied to the trunk, there's nothing that prevents that
> they could be applied to branches.

If it's done on trunk it's OK.

It would be good to classify them and have some
integration order but that's something I wouldn't
know about; we'll see then.

Sorry that we haven't discussed Eric's issue, which
started this thread, and I got lost in the process (?).

Pedro.