Hi Armin,

Le 21 nov. 11 à 13:14, Armin a écrit :

Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

As you have probably read, these are just "cheap copies" / "copy on
write" references in SVN, so the directory name does not really
matter.

Yes, I read that. just as expected :-)

There might be some advantage to prefacing the name with your Apache
ID, e.g., "alg-svnreplacement" so it is easy to find all of your own
feature branches.

What would be preferred and should I just start doing it...?

We could do it entirely in /branches if we adopt a naming scheme, like DEV* for release stabilization branches and <Apache-ID>-* for individual feature branches. Or separate these with different directories, per your example. I don't think the tools care one way or another.

Would you ever want/need to check out all CWS's but not release branches? Or want to grep all CWS's but not the DEV branches, or do any other operation that would impact only the CWS's together? If so, having them in different directories would help a little.

Interesting point. It may be useful to grep own cwses, or releases. Thus something like

/cws/alg/svgreplacement
/cws/alg/...
/cws/someonelse/...
/dev/aoo340
/dev/aoo350

would be nice. Comments, anyone?

Sorry for my dumb question, but how things will work when several devs will work together on one feature ?

Also, what about use the cws name first, then the Apache id ?

Could give :

/cws/svgreplacement/alg
/cws/svgreplacement/another_contributor

Please be gentle if I was plain wrong :-)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə