Hi,

i would like to gave a short update.

I stumbled over problems using a downloaded epm 4.2 (http://www.epmhome.org), build and install it on a Fedora 16 system (rpm based).

The epm call failed to build the rpm packages. It seems that epm triggers /bin/rpm with some parameters that are not accepted. I don't understand why at the moment.

I expect also problems on other systems (e.g. FreeBSD, solaris, ...). To move forward for now i plan to go back to use the version 3.7 of epm and apply our patches.

The plan is to handle it similar to dmake and investigate to a later time in more detail into the packaging process. I assume there is still some room for improvements ones the process is understand completely.

But at the moment i would like to focus and to move forward with the IP clearance. Means epm is only a build tool and not part of a binary release or a source release.

The idea is to download the source directly from the homepage and apply our patches and use it. Alternatively epm can be specified directly with the configure switch -with-epm.

Any opinions or ideas. I highly appreciate any useful idea that help us to move forward.

Juergen