Hi Michael,

Le 22 nov. 11 à 22:25, Michael Stahl a écrit :

On 22.11.2011 11:57, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
I stumbled over problems using a downloaded epm 4.2 (http:// www.epmhome.org), build and install it on a Fedora 16 system (rpm based).

The epm call failed to build the rpm packages. It seems that epm triggers /bin/rpm with some parameters that are not accepted. I don't understand why at the moment.

/bin/rpm on a recent Fedora can not build packages, it can only do the things necessary on a running system: install etc.; there is an extra package "rpm-build" with a /usr/bin/rpmbuild program that is used to build packages.

Thanks, I didn't remember the exact name  :)

[ i have no idea why we use a "patched" epm, or whether an unpatched epm
would work ]

There is a beginning of answer in main/solenv/bin/ make_installer.pl , around line 1642

+ more information in main/solenv/modules/installer/epmfile.pm (around line 859)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə