Hi Pedro,

On 11/22/11 1:52 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

Hmmm ...

Nevermind, OpenPKG is rather bulky.
Unfortunately portable packagers seem not
to be too common anymore.

the point is simply that we have to understand the whole packaging process better. I thought it was worse to check if it's possible to use a system epm. Sometimes things become easier over time or even obsolete. But in this case it seems that we have to stick with the 3.7 epm and the patches we have because they are very specific for OOo.

I hope that we can simplify this packaging process in the future a little bit because we can concentrate on one product only. In the past all processes here were designed to make it possible to build a StarOffice/Oracle Office version on top of it.

The problem is that we have to analyze the whole process to understand how it works. In the past one developer worked full-time on this packaging stuff ...

Juergen

Pedro.

--- On Tue, 11/22/11, Pedro Giffuni<p...@apache.org>  wrote:

From: Pedro Giffuni<p...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: [CODE]: 118605 remove epm?
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 7:24 AM
Hi Juergen;

I dont have an easy solution for you but perhaps
you should try OpenPKG, as it produces RPM
and has a better license:
      http://www.openpkg.net/

And dont worry about FreeBSD as none of those
packagers work with the new pkgng format.

Cheers,

Pedro.

--- On Tue, 11/22/11, Jürgen Schmidt<jogischm...@googlemail.com>