On Nov 24, 2011, at 1:38 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> Rob;
>
> --- On Thu, 11/24/11, Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Hi Ariel;
>>>
>>> If the comment on the Wiki has been approved by
>> Apache
>>> legal and not just an interpretation you guys are
>> right.
>>>

>> Weak copy left (category-b) like MPL may be included in our
>> binary releases but not our source releases.   We can also
>> automate downloading the source for these modules as a non
>> default build option.
>>
> I conceded this a while ago, yes.
>
>> We are not required to move MPL code from SVN.
>
> Your ability to draw (wrong) conclusions according to
> what you want to do never ceases to amaze me (it was
> the same thing with dmake). If we can keep MPL code
> on SVN why not bring nss

Dmake is not MPL. And I've never commented on nss.

In any case the project is not going to grind to a halt every time you
are unsure. If you think we are doing something wrong then you need to
back that with some authority, a link to a policy statement or
authoritative interpretation. A number of us have already looked into
this deeply, discussed with mentors, etc on this list and on
legal-discuss. I don't expect that everyone followed all of the
discussions. But until you have, it us silly to suggest that we're
wrong.

-Rob