Hi Mathias;

--- On Thu, 11/24/11, Mathias Bauer <mathias_ba...@gmx.net> wrote:

> > You mean like just tar them all and put them with the
> binary
> > release?
>
> Yes. Even packaging as extension and deploying these
> packages as part of a binary release does not look
> fundamentally different than bundling a library.

I think this is a perfectly viable solution.

The only issue is what type of maintenance are
we planning to do on this. I had suggested
Apache Extras as a point of encounter for
contributors as we can't maintain this directly,
but perhaps this is something that doesn't get
updated very much or perhaps the real maintainers
can handle this on their own (as extensions).

Pedro.