Hi Michael, *

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:04:24AM +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> hi Ariel,
>
> On 23.11.2011 17:16, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 08:08:21AM -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> >> FWIW, Michael Stahl had these CWSs in the pipeline, I hope
> >> he or someone else finds the time to merge them into some
> >> branch:
> >

> >> gnumake4
> >

> > I started working in this one. I took the apply-per-commmit approach
> > (I did one big diff but was very error prone). They are ca. 180 commits,
> > may be I'll finish by next Monday dedicating 2 hrs per day.

In the meantime I got carried away and ended today in the morning, fun
applying patches instead of reading endless discussions on the ml.

I didn't find info about the milestone the cws was based, so I searched
the log and started from

# HG changeset patch
# # User mba
# # Date 1298363591 -3600
# # Node ID fe9439d524ff71df9122398fefd218ec7b6559db
# # Parent  1ed7b2431f1039853910a27430061b3bd3a75d4b
# CWS gnumake4: add support for zip and jar files

this is the first of a set a changes by Mathias to convert wizards to
gbuild, the log didn't show previous related stuff, so I took this as
the starting point.

The patches ended with

# HG changeset patch
# # User Michael Stahl <m...@openoffice.org>
# # Date 1303985562 0
# # Node ID b3086537b169c6c46d2347df9b319d837f861c41
# # Parent  87a6f58da4b509f7130196156be86a4941fa229c
# gnumake4: writerfilter: temporarily disable complex test

I added the set of patches from writerfilter10 by Henning Brinkmann, but
I guess I should revert that and only apply the ones related to convert
writerfilter to gbuild.

Now I did a diff between gnumake4 and the resulting code, to see if
I missed something (I'm only comparing the affected directories).
Compiling some modules shows some issues with the migration, so I'm
working on this now.

> uhm, i kind of already have re-based that onto OOO340m1 some time in
> August, and am sitting on 150 or so patches that are basically just
> waiting for the 3.4 branch off so they can go into trunk.  well i guess
> they need to be re-based again because of the changes to the build system
> in AOOo.
>
> if you are impatient :) then i can mail them to you or something,

I followed yours and Eike's advice in this thread http://s.apache.org/6lm so I
guess your patches won't be too different from the ones I applied.
Anyway feel free to send them.

> no need to re-invent the wheel here

oh I'm a pragmatic guy, and I do this in my spare time, so if I had
known you already had the patches (and were willing to contribute them),
I wouldn't have started working on this :)

> (but somehow i get the feeling that AOOo is
> all about re-inventing wheels...)

well... most things you read hear are just words. I guess some people have
too much time to write, and, on the other hand, some things are written
having no idea at all of what it takes to write some code for OOo, compile
it, debug it, see you didn't break anything, etc. etc. So it might look possible
to kill seamonkey and write brand new AL2 stuff.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina