Hello Gavin,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 08:39:20AM +1000, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> > I have finished building on Fedora 16 64 bits, and fixing some issues.
> > I started building on WinXP (a VM, so it takes 5 hrs).
>
> Sorry to hijack, where are the requirements and build instructions for
> building
> on XP (and Win 7 too if possible.)

you can find information on the Building Guide
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Windows

It needs some updates about:

* ATL, Mathias said it is possible to get ATL if you install the Driver
  SDK

* a newer DirectX SDK works, IIRC Andre added support for the latest one

Instructions about Getting the Source are outdated
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Getting_the_source
Apache OpenOffice works with SVN (though I guess most of us use git-svn).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina