--- On Thu, 11/24/11, Mathias Bauer <mathias_ba...@gmx.net> wrote:

> From: Mathias Bauer <mathias_ba...@gmx.net>
> Subject: Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
> To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date: Thursday, November 24, 2011, 5:59 PM
> Am 24.11.2011 22:43, schrieb Pedro
> Giffuni:
>
> > That is exactly *your* point of confusion here. One
> > of our mentors stated we cannot have infringing code
> > in SVN at the time we graduate. (You had this pretty
> > wrong with dmake which is GPL but it also applies to
> > MPL). I really think you should add links to the mail
> > archive in the Wiki, BTW.
> >
> > I don't see why you want to carry code that will not
> > be in our code release but IP clearance is for
> > everything in SVN.
>
> As I see it the situation wrt. to MPL code in our svn repo
> is unclear. I
> asked about that several times, but noone replied. So
> obviously noone has the answer now.

We also have the OFL (fonts) issue.
I think the legal people are too busy: opening a JIRA issue
seems to be the way to go.

> I agree with you that keeping MPL code in our repo might be
> wrong. But
> OTOH investing time into throwing it out now and
> discovering later on
> that this wasn't necessary isn't a nice perspective
> either.

It's not to much trouble to revert, as I found out with
the Crystal icons ;-).

But yes, you are right: we have to find out exactly how
we are replacing them before we throw them out.

> We don't plan to graduate tomorrow, so this leaves us time
> to check this important point more carefully. In the
> meantime IMHO we don't create a problem if we keep the
> MPL sources in svn for now and only make sure
> that the process that creates a source release does not
> include them. We still can remove them, for the time
> being we need to identify them and
> think about possible alternatives.

I have no hurry ... really.

Pedro.