On Thursday, November 24, 2011, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
> I have already lost much time on this, but I will give
> this a last attempt.
>
> --- On Thu, 11/24/11, Rob Weir <rabas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Maybe some are making an unstated and unwarranted
>> assumption that our
>> source release will contain 100% of what is in SVN?
>> That would
>> explain much of the confusion I am hearing.
>>

> That is exactly *your* point of confusion here. One
> of our mentors stated we cannot have infringing code
> in SVN at the time we graduate. (You had this pretty
> wrong with dmake which is GPL but it also applies to
> MPL). I really think you should add links to the mail
> archive in the Wiki, BTW.

That explains your confusion then. We are working on a release. We are not
facing an immediate graduation vote.  But we are facing the shutdown of
Oracle servers. So in the near term the amount of MPL code in SVN will
increase not decrease, eg, ext-src.

> I don't see why you want to carry code that will not
> be in our code release but IP clearance is for
> everything in SVN.

This is the surest and easiest way forward. If you want to volunteer to
implement an alternative approach then feel free to make a proposal for
what you want to do.