On 11/12/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Dave Fisher<...>  wrote:
The consistency is as follows:
(1) MLs have this form: ooo-*@incubator.a.o
(2) NL MLs have the form: ooo-*-<nl-code>@i.a.o
(3) Apache convention is about the main list being ooo-dev@a.i.o. I've seen
nothing to suggest it has to apply to every NL.
(4) ML names have to be valid for Apache Infra and not profane or otherwise
problematic.
I think we have to follow each NL's understanding of their own language.
OK.  That's a good argument.  Maybe they would even want ooo-foo-it,
where foo is something in Italian.  That would be reasoable,

Thanks for the explanations. We'll then settle for
ooo-utenti-it@i.a.o          (means "users")
ooo-progetto-it@i.a.o        (means "project")
since this closely maps to the terminology we use now: our users list is called "utenti", for example.

Of course, we are available to rediscuss names at graduation time if different patterns emerge by then.

Regards,
  Andrea.