Am 12.12.11 10:12, schrieb Andre Fischer:
On 09.12.2011 19:07, TJ Frazier wrote:
On 12/9/2011 11:47, Rob Weir wrote:
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM, linyi li<lilinyi921...@gmail.com> wrote:
I downloaded source code from svn recently(by svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk ooo), and T want to
build on Ubuntu followed the guide
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Linux

.

But there is problem. After configure, I want to run"./bootstrap". But I
can not find bootstrap.

Something to consider: For every new developer that tries to build
and fails, because the build guide is outdated, there are probably
several others who try it, fail, and then just walk away and are never
heard of again. A bad initial experience for developers is harmful to
the growth of the project.

+1

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the Build Guide is not updated?

That I can describe exactly: Bjoern Michaelsen isn't around to push it.

Do the right people not have write access to that page?

Anyone with a wiki account can edit the page. Anyone can sign up for a
wiki account. Anyone who needs some hand-holding is welcome to ask (here
on this list, by private email, or on my User:TJFrazier talk page); I
consider that part of a sysop's duties.

Some hand-holding please. I can log in and edit most of the pages referenced on http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide. Only the Building_on_Linux is not editable. It also uses a different page banner. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I don't know, I can edit this page. Do you have me your User Name on the wiki?

Greetings Raphael