On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM, linyi li <lilinyi921...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded source code from svn recently(by svn co
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk ooo), and T want to
> build on Ubuntu followed the guide
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Linux
> .
>
> But there is problem. After configure, I want to run"./bootstrap". But I
> can not find bootstrap.

Something to consider:  For every new developer that tries to build
and fails, because the build guide is outdated, there are probably
several others who try it, fail, and then just walk away and are never
heard of again.  A bad initial experience for developers is harmful to
the growth of the project.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the Build Guide is not updated?
Do the right people not have write access to that page?  Would it be
better to put this info where all committers have the ability to
update, like here:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/source.html

-Rob