On 1/4/12 11:09 PM, Andrew Rist wrote:

On 1/4/2012 11:44 AM, Andrew Rist wrote:
I am trying to create the buildbots so that there is now magical
secret sauce to keep them working.
Thus, I am trying to create a 'recipe' for creating the build machine
which includes:

* vanilla version of an OS (Ubuntu 10.04 as a starting point for
buildbots so far)
* a set of dependencies (which I am currently creating as a set of
apt-get commands for the machine)
* a script for running the build (which is translated into the
buildbot config file)

I practice these on my machine and once they are stable and
repeatable, then they are ready for deploy as a buildbot.
I am wary of steps that include building and deploying patched
software outside of this process.

EPM is currently in this category. What is our best solution for EPM?

1. find a dependency that can be repeatably loaded in the dependencies
list
2. create a configure option of --with-EPM-path=<URL> and download and
build a patched EPM during the build
like the existing option of --with-epm-url, for instance....
seriously, I got it now, and I'm implementing this into buildbot.
I think this needs to be added into the ./configure --help

it is already listed in configure --help.

Juergen

A.

I know I have not included the option of prebuilding the patched EPM -
this is intentional, as this leads to highly customized and
non-reproducable build machines, so I think that is a bad course to
follow.

thoughts??

A.