--- Lun 16/1/12, Joe Schaefer ha scritto:
> Kinda hard to claim you own all the
> rights to
>
> a patch when in 99% of the situations it's merely
> a derivative work of the thing you produced the
> patch from.

FWIW .. I have asked for two set of patches from
LibreOffice authors and my request on both cases
was rejected:

1. Patches to build with clang.
2. Patches to replace uses of STLport with
boost.

I personally think neither of those changes are
copyrightable as the changes are pretty easy to
reproduce without looking at them.

For the rest I don't find the LO changes too
interesting at all. I do see some of our changes
would be interesting to them but I don't think
they have sufficient developers to keep up with
our changes anyways.

Despite of this, the core of both is still the
SUN/oracle code and the code is not hugely
different yet, perhaps (and it's just my
speculation) 5-6 years of constant development
will still be needed for LO to gain it's own
identity at a source level and even then the
origin will still be traceable.

Pedro.