On 2/28/12 11:13 AM, rjaas...@saunalahti.fi wrote:
Hello from Finland!

I am Risto Jääskeläinen (aka ristoi) and I have translated OpenOfficeorg
help contents to Finnish up to version 3.3. Now I am keen to start with
Apache OpenOffice.

welcome at Apache and it's good to hear that you are interested to help with the localization for Apache OpenOffice.

Current it seems that most of the active Finnish localisation team went
to LibreOffice. So there is work to do:

1) WWW-page is quite ugly after Apache upgrade (needs a committer?)

you mean the Finnish page? It will be probably a good idea to simply translate the English portal page and sub pages and move local community specific things into the wiki

2) OpenOffice.org 3.3 translation needs to move to Pootle (I too have
all .po-files in my hard disk if that matter)

as soon as we have it up and running you are welcome to upload these files.

3) Translation update to 3.4 level
4) Lot of other things

I like to start from number 1 but I think I have no committer authority
and don't know anybody else with language skils. So I think I need this
privilege. I have no hurry but I like to know when it is time to start
this second class localisation.

I am sure others can help here much better than I ;-) But this mailing list is the place where you can get answers to all of your questions.

Juergen

Below is clip from post where is some information.

Sorry my language. I only translate from English to Finnish not vice
versa and Firefox of mine is not co-operative (-;

Regards
Risto

----------------------------
Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Vastaanottaja ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Lähetetty 26.2.2012 18:57:58
Aihe Re: Article to be approved for list dev
Viesti Hi Louis,

All committers have write access to all of both www.openoffice.org and
the podling site. Simply use the Apache CMS with your apache.org
credentials. You navigate to the page and then invoke the CMS through
the bookmarklet. See this page for a guide. [1]

Legacy OOo project archives are available here. [2] Swedish mailing
lists are here. [3]

If anyone is interested in maintaining the sv.openoffice.org, even if it
is simply translations for some pages as redo in English. Please raise
your hand.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/website-local.html