On 3/12/12 11:28 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Rist<andrew.r...@oracle.com>wrote:

On 3/12/2012 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

2012/3/12 Jürgen
Schmidt<jogischmidt@**googlemail.com<jogischm...@googlemail.com>

  Hi,

I would like to propose that we prepare the next set of dev snapshots
based on the revision r1299571 (same as last changed revision). It is not
the latest working buildbot revision but I would like to include an
increased buildid.

  Hi Juergen--

Could someone at some point enlighten us as to WHY the latest revisions
aren't automatically scooped up by the buildbot?

The build bots pull the latest code every night.

  Or amybe a wiki page on
this??? I also notice that the Linux-32 build via buildbot still has
issues, and wonder, why, if changes have been successfully made to this
build AND supposedly it's being built by Ubuntu (same as the developer
builds), it still has issues.

The Linux-32 build bot is on Ubuntu 11.10 (as opposed to 10.04).  There
are issues related to building on the newer Ubuntu.
We've been working through them, but there is one issue left with symbols
in CoinMP.  I have not had time to work through that issue.

Andrew--Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by the wording in
Juergen's message somehow...I thought what you are saying was the case.

sorry for the confusion.

I think our long term goal is to use the build bots to build binary versions that are identical to our binary releases as well.

And as Ariel has pointed out for this specific builds we need some baseline systems that are not typically the latest and greatest ;-)

The Oracle release engineers put a lot of effort in keeping a stable baseline to ensure that the builds work on as many as possible systems. You can't it compare to build versions for a special distro.

And of course it would be ideal if the Linux distros would include AOO over time in their distro and would build it based on the source releases.

Juergen

(I am wondering if CoinMP is deployed on the system - outside of the build
tree - when it is compiled.  If so a version using a different set of g++
and ld may be on the system, and blocking it from being rebuilt.)

Anyway - it is down to the last four packages, and 'almost' builds ;-)

  I confess I know NOTHING about the buildbot,
so if you can point me (and others) to some instructions that might be
helpful.

http://ci.apache.org/projects/**openoffice/buildlogs/linux32/**
log/unxlngi6.pro.build.html<http://ci.apache.org/projects/openoffice/buildlogs/linux32/log/unxlngi6.pro.build.html>
that shows the latest set of logs

http://ci.apache.org/builders/**openoffice-linux32-nightly<http://ci.apache.org/builders/openoffice-linux32-nightly>
shows the latest builds - click on a build and you can see the set of
steps it goes through.

Right, yes...I've looked at these. I need to learn more about the setup
(inclusions etc) we have setup FOR the build as there appears to be several
options. But I will explore on my own for the time being. Thanks again for
this response. I would like to help with building but haven't had  the time
to it so far.

A.

Thanks for everything! :)

  It is still no a official RC because of the existing show stopper issues.
I hope that we can start a second build later this week if possible.

I would like to propose also that we continue to provide normal/complete
install sets for all languages.

The dev snapshot from last week was proposed to the IPMC with zero
response so far. Not really promising and maybe somebody else has an idea
what we can do to get some early feedback.

The builds will be made available again under
https://cwiki.apache.org/**
confluence/display/OOOUSERS/****AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+***
*Snapshots<https://cwiki.**apache.org/confluence/display/**
OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+**Developer+Snapshots<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots>

Juergen

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group