2012/3/13 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>

> On 3/12/12 11:28 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Andrew Rist<andrew.r...@oracle.com>**
>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 3/12/2012 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>>>
>>>  2012/3/12 Jürgen
>>> Schmidt<jogischmidt@**googlema**il.com<http://googlemail.com>

>>>  Or amybe a wiki page on

>>> are issues related to building on the newer Ubuntu.
>>> We've been working through them, but there is one issue left with symbols
>>> in CoinMP.  I have not had time to work through that issue.
>>>

>> Andrew--Thanks for the clarification. I was confused by the wording in
>> Juergen's message somehow...I thought what you are saying was the case.
>>

>>  sorry for the confusion.
>
> I think our long term goal is to use the build bots to build binary
> versions that are identical to our binary releases as well.
>
> And as Ariel has pointed out for this specific builds we need some
> baseline systems that are not typically the latest and greatest ;-)

So what do you suggest? Can "virtual" builbots be established for "older"
OSes, and for which ones? I don't know what is causing the problem with
Ubuntu 11.10 as opposed to 10.04. Is it a very non-standard (library)
change by Ubuntu that might continue in the future? Should we switch to a
more "generic" Linux buildbot? I don't have any suggestions. I'm just
thinking...

MzK

"Follow your bliss."
         -- attributed to Joseph Campbell