On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> best

> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/

> those

> mailing
> THAT

> >> Well it would certainly be easier for the mailing list "requestors" to
> >> update a wiki page once their request had been processed, and then link
> the
> >> web site page *TO* that I think. I will start this page, and hopefully
> >> folks will update.

> >> This is what I've found so far...
> >>
> >> ooo-users-de
> >> ooo-general-ja
> >> ooo-geral-ptbr
> >> ooo-general-es
> >> ooo-utenti-it
> >> ooo-progetto-it
> >>
> >> OK, I'll get started on this.
> >>

> > Well this took a bit more time than I expected, but we now have a "Native
> > Language" area on the podling web site --
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/
> >

> This looks good.  Thanks.
>
> > Since we have few native language mailing lists right now, I guess not a
> > problem with just listing them here. And thanks to Kazunari Hirano for
> > pointing me what had already been discussed and the planning wiki page.
> >
> > I have yet to edit the existing Native Language page on the web server.
> > Instead of just deleting the current project leads, though, I'm thinking
> of
> > just changing the header to "Former Project Lead" in case someone (else)
> > want s to contact that person. Thoughts on this?
> >

> Are we sure that the former leads actually want to be contacted?    It
> may be more useful for a visitor to be directed to your new page.

I guess I was thinking if someone new from one of the areas was thinking
about stepping up they might want to contact the former lead -- but, then
again, maybe not. Really I don't have a problem with removing the former
project leads. Louis is still the point guy on the info page, so maybe
that's good enough.