Hi -

What type of file are you wanting to upload and where do you want to put it in
the tree?

Also, both Joe and I have been watching the commits and have some advice.

Joe's advice is to look at http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/fr/ to avoid
publishing too often.

Mine regards the way you are using index.xhtml to bypass index.html to
translate the navigation. You are working against the site design.

Here is what you would do to effect all of the FR site at once for translated
branding and navigation buttons:

(1) Create trunk/templates/fr/ssi.mdtext from templates/ssi.mdtext

doctype: /doctype.html
brand:  /brand.html
footer: /footer.html
topnav: /topnav.html
home:           home

Change /brand.mdtext to /fr/brand.html
Change /topnav.mdtext to /fr/topnav.mdtext

(2) Copy /trunk/content/brand.mdtext from content/brand.mdtext

home:           home
search:         search
name:           Apache OpenOffice (incubating)
tagline:        (incubating) | The Free and Open Productivity Suite
logo:           AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_new.jpg
domain:         www.openoffice.org
divid:          bannera

Translate the first four parameters.

(3) Copy /trunk/content/topnav.mdtext from content/topnav.mdtext

divid:  topnava

- [Product][m0]
- [Download][m1]
- [Support][m2]
- [Extend][m3]
- [Develop][m4]
- [Focus Areas][m5]
- [Native Language][m6]

[m0]:     /product/index.html                                           "Apache
OpenOffice product description"
[m1]:     /download/index.html
"Download OpenOffice.org"
[m2]:     /support/index.html                                           "Find
Support for OpenOffice.org"
[m3]:     /extensions/index.html
"Extensions and Templates for OpenOffice"
[m4]:     http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html   "Get
involved in Apache OpenOffice (incubating)"
[m5]:     /projects/accepted.html                                       "Apache
OpenOffice development focus areas"
[m6]:     /projects/native-lang.html                                    "Apache
OpenOffice in your Native Language"

Translate and modify as you require.

Commit all three changes at once and the whole of the FR part of the site takes
these changes at once. O(1) operation.

If you would like I'll create the mdtext files and then you can translate.