On May 7, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

> Am 05/07/2012 08:27 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Juergen Schmidt<jogischm...@googlemail.com
>>> wrote:

>>> unless

>>> http://www.openoffice.org/****download/test/checksums_new_****dl.html<
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/**download/test/checksums_new_**dl.html>
>>> **org/download/test/checksums_**new_dl.html<
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/checksums_new_dl.html>

>>> living

>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html

>>> so

>>> be
>>>>

>>> well a lot of room for improvements. The pages with the centered tables
>>> with different widths looks of course not really professional or what do
>>> others think?
>
> It's not that bad I guess. But sure it would go better.
>
> I've also realized that there are no bullet points display when doing a list
> with <ul> or <ol>.

Probably needs some css magic.

>>> I really hope we can revamp the whole page in the future. A cleaner,
>>> simpler design. Consistent translated content with a modern fresh design ;-)
>
> Sure. However, this needs time. An expert can do it maybe in less time. But
> I'm just a little volunteer in his spare time that has less knowledge with
> HTML/CSS/JS than you with the AOO source code and full time. ;-)
>
>> I understand. But, I think Marcus did a GREAT job with this in the time we
>> had to get this going.  A LOT of work really...
>>
>> We do have a lot of changes and considerations for the future -- no
>> disagreement from me there.  Mock-ups would be appreciated. :)
>
> Or some links to other websites as reference.

These can be on the wiki that Kay will make. There is a whole range. I suspect
that there is some hovering magic we can do, but perhaps simple is best. Our
users don't always have a lot of bandwidth.

More in coming weeks. Great work Marcus, Kay and Jürgen and others!

Regards,
Dave

Regards,
Dave