Il 20/05/2012 21:25, Dennis E. Hamilton ha scritto:
I want to encourage all that you say here.

I am not so confident that the openoffice.org approach (that is, what Sun
allowed and supported) is applicable here because the ASF as a foundation must
operate differently than a commercial enterprise.

That can be a minor thing, once the guidelines are clear.

Do you have suggestions on how affiliation with ASF and the Apache OpenOffice
project can be reconciled?  Need there be any?  If there is coupling between an
NL community and AOO, what arrangement do you request?

Of course there is no need to do exactly what Sun did, just take what we miss. There are already good examples of working local communities, so that is a good starting point. While some communities may have their organizations, I don't think there is need to affiliation at this point. Everything can be managed inside Apache OpenOffice project.

Paolo