From: Juergen Schmidt [mailto:jogischm...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 13:56
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamil...@acm.org
Subject: Re: Linux install issues

Am Samstag, 19. Mai 2012 um 19:32 schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:

        One enduring solution would be to break with the past and not use the
same file names for the binary bits, the same registry keys, etc., any longer.
That would solve a few problems on Windows too.

I think we own the name and we are probably not the project who should change
any names.
We should be careful with this kind of changes because we can potentially break
a lot of existing projects who rely on names, registry entries etc.

So please be careful with such changes without deeper analysis what depends in
this...

Juergen

        - Dennis