Hi

On 21.05.2012 18:20, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

 [snip]

I'd keep it simple.

Two main tasks:

1) Identify whether there is an update available for the user's current
install

2) Direct the user to that update

I'd keep #2 really really simple.  We already know there is an update.
  We already have logic on http://download.openoffice.org for finding
the correct download.  So for #2 just always send the user to
http://download.openoffice.org.

That approach even does magical things.  For example, in the future,
the user might be running OpenOffice on a 64-bit Windows, but they are
running 32-bit OO, since that is all that exists.  But when we come
out with a new 64-bit of AOO 3.x, the logic on
http://download.openoffice.org will automatically suggest it.  Ditto
for better language support. Someone might be running Spanish AOO 3.4
but then decide to upgrade to Catalan AOO 3.X (assuming it is
available).

Is this what we plan to do for OOo 3.3 users too?

For OOo 3.3 I have made an own proposal - please have a look at thread
"[UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service"

Thanks Olivier,

  I'm trying to catch up with that thread too, are you working on
making it via the AOO download page or direct downloads?

Currently, this is open - both is possible.
For Linux installations is would be a little bit complicated, if we decide to go for a "static" solution.
But more will follow today on the other thread.

Best regards, Oliver.