On 21/05/2012 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
The redirect is established.
Thus, please check in your AOO 3.4 installation, if the update
functionality returns that your installation is up to date.
[1]
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
[2]
http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

Works for me but the URLs are different. I had redirected openoffice.org (notice, no www) to another host and I kept getting an error, so I investigated.

As one can see with wget, the current redirect is
http://update38.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
->
http://openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
->
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update38/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
which works but is probably not the cleanest way. Also, it would likely be the first resource we use that depends on http://openoffice.org instead of http://www.openoffice.org (in Oracle times, the first one was used for Kenai resources, the second one was the website).

Regards,
  Andrea.