On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>wrote:

> Le jeu. 14 juin 2012 03:18:36 CEST, Graham Lauder <y...@apache.org> a écrit
> :
>

>> Probably the best images available of the orb are at:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/ui/**VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html<http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html>
>>
>> This was Stella's work for the last brand refresh which is where the orb
>> came
>> into use.
>>

> +1.
>
> I don't see any clear direction for the logos.
> I've made some tweaking for the download logo. I think we need to be clear
> and simple, avoid too much colors and background that could not fit with
> the rest of the page. See: http://user.services.**openoffice.org/en/forum/
> **viewtopic.php?f=102&t=54452#**p238128<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=54452#p238128>
> Is it ok or not?
>
> Can we still use the refresh set of icons (above)?
> Do we intend to have a discussion + proposals/contest + vote for the
> visual identity of the product?
>
> Hagar\

Hagar --

I think such a discussion would be a great idea. Please feel free to start
one.

In this thread though, I badly got confused our trademarks -- "Apache
OpenOffice", "OpenOffice.org" and things that contain our trademarks --
some of the logos, for example. I apologize if I totally confused everyone
over this. The logos themselves are NOT trademarks but contain the
trademarks.

Anyway, yes, please start on a thread on whatever imaging you think we need
consensus on. This would help a lot!

MzK

"Known commonly as the jackass, this long-eared little creature is
respected throughout the southwest—roundly cursed yet respected—and here he
is usually referred to by his Spanish name, burro. Because of his
extraordinary bray, he is sometimes ironically called the "Arizona
Nightingale."

                           -- "Arizona, the Grand Canyon State: A State
Guide",
                                By Federal Writers' Project