On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:
> > JavaFX has a very restrictive licencse and is pretty heavy
>
> JavaFX is also becoming open source.
>
> "At JavaOne 2011, Oracle Corporation announced that JavaFX 2.0 would
> become open source[17]. Since December 2011, Oracle began to open
> source the JavaFX code under the GPL+linking exception"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaFX
>
> http://openjdk.java.net/projects/openjfx/
>
> I wish people would stop the anti-Java FUD... but the misinformation
> is rampant and is continuously being spread... like in the above
> example.
>
> FC

This is not missinformation, like you mentioned, it has only been anounced
to be GPL about 6 months ago, GPL is not compatible with Apache license.
Also is slower than C/C++, and is also true that most people actually want
to take Java dependencies off the platform. A good example is the OOo4Kids
and OOoLight fork which kicked Java out of the platform tom the very early
version.