On 7/21/2012 16:17, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
RGB ES wrote:
2012/7/21 floris v:
I just downloaded and installed the latest developer snapshot/build and
found that it replaces the stable version.
I think that that was on purpose: we are really close to 3.4.1 release
so it's time to test install issues.

Exactly, it was discussed earlier on this list. Anyway, there was a
quite prominent warning on the download page last time I checked (it
seems
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
is temporarily unavailable at the moment).

You can always install several versions in parallel. For Linux the
procedure is here

We have a "semi-official" page about this on the wiki too:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel

Regards,
   Andrea.

FWIW, I'm currently running (under WV) 3.3 (regular install), 3.4 beta (dev install), and AOO 3.4 (parallel install, per Andrea's link). I don't turn on any of the Quickstarters (that would be pushing it), and only run one version at a time, but all work well. Depending on where you specify the data should go, the parallel version may cause security hassles with Windows permissions, but there are several ways around that.

/tj/