Hi,

On 03.08.2012 14:59, Rob Weir wrote:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

in order to avoid that somebody has missed the stuff ongoing regarding
the
update service for OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1:
In another thread - see [1] - Rob asked for the update service for OOo
3.1 and
OOo 3.1.1. Nobody objects so far. But this was somehow hidden in another
thread.
Thus, I am bringing it up to its own thread.

I will start working on this task, if nobody objects.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/3fwnjrk7isyt5wa4

No objections so far.
Thus, I will go ahead.

First, I will ask Apache Infrastructure to establish the needed redirect
from
[2] to [3]. In the meanwhile I will create the corresponding XML document
for
this update service. I am planning to activate it after our Apache
OpenOffice
(incubating) 3.4.1 release.

[2]
http://update32.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
[3]
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update32/ProductUpdateService/check.Update

I have submitted JIRA issue INFRA-5112 [4] requesting to establish the
needed redirect. I am asking Apache Infrastructure to establish the redirect
until 2012-08-15 in order to reach out our users of OOo 3.1 and OOo 3.1.1
instance just in time with our planned AOO 3.4.1 release.

Why only until 2012-08-15?  Could we make this be permanent?

Sorry, that was some kind of "my insufficient translation from German to
English".
I meant to request that the redirect should be established by at least
2012-08-15.
I have also updated the text in the JIRA issue [4].

Best regards, Oliver.

What I noticed is that one of the download sites -- openoffice.us.com
-- was still giving users OOO310m11 (Build:9399).   Although I
personally believe that site is doing bad things and confusing users,
I think it is best for the ecosystem if these users are notified about
the most-recent version of OpenOffice.  Not only existing installs of
OOo 3.1, but also ones that may happen today or tomorrow.
Unfortunately we cannot control this.  There will be OOo 3.1.0
installs in the future as well.

Best regards, Oliver.