Hi,

On 21.08.2012 00:05, Dave Fisher wrote:
Hi Folks,

We are really getting ahead of ourselves.

We have a legitimate -1 IPMC vote on our release, it might get changed -
Marvin asked for confirmation that the IPMC votes are based only on the
official SOURCE release.

I looked again at the rat-excludes and we should look into a small handful of
binary files that slip through. Most are "test" files and should be OK, but
there are a small number that are not. If we have a plan to remove them and/or
show that they are unused and harmless it may be that Marvin will be convinced
to change his vote.

Someone should inspect these wildcards in the source tree
**/*.dbf
**/*.dbt
**/*.jar
**/*.zip
**/*.class
**/*.dll
**/*.exe
**/*.mdb

Now, I will have a look at the specific *.zip files which can be found in our
source.

I have found the following ZIP files:
- group 1:
./main/icc/makefiles.zip
This ZIP file contains certain makefiles for the purpose to build the source code of ICC with our build system. These makefiles were part of Oracle's SGA and their license header had been already adapted accordingly by Andrew Rist. Proposed solution: exclude this ZIP explicitly from the RAT scan (full path named in the rat-excludes file) together with the above documentation of the IP review.

- group 2:
./main/scripting/workben/data/share_scripts.zip
./main/scripting/workben/data/user_scripts.zip
These ZIP files contain some more or less empty .java, .class, .xml and .class files. I did not find any references to these files. The ZIP files were checked into the repository with the comment "Add some jsuite tests for the Scripting Framework". Thus, I assume that they are only for testing purposes. ./main/scripting/workben/ is also not part of our build. I tried to build it, but the build failed. Proposed solution: remove these ZIP files. (May be the complete folder ./main/scripting/workben/ can be removed.)

- group 3:
./main/sd/res/buttons/glas-blue.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/glas-green.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/glas-red.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/round-gorilla.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/round-white.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/simple.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/square-blue.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/square-gray.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/square-green.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/square-red.zip
./main/sd/res/buttons/square-yellow.zip
Each of these ZIP files contain a set of 12 PNG images. The differences between the images of one ZIP file to another ZIP file are in color and/or shape - as the names of the ZIP files indicate. These images are used when exporting a presentation document to HTML as navigation buttons in the created HTML. The user can choose one of the sets. These ZIP files are part of Oracle's SGA. Proposed solution: exclude these ZIP files explicitly from the RAT scan (full paths named in the rat-excludes file) and put a license file into ./main/sd/res/buttons/ to provide corresponding license information for the PNG images inside the ZIP files.

Best regards, Oliver.