On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not assuming that the IPMC has a consensus view on the topic.
We're clearly bringing into focus a long-standing, unresolved issue
that transcends AOO.  It should probably be escalated to the ASF
Board, since there should probably not be a fundamental disconnect
between the policy for what TLP's may release versus what Podlings may
release.  Presumably common sense will arrive at this conclusion
before too many more electrons are wasted.

> Please note that I don't mean we should stop the graduation process:
> a process involves steps and this has to be defined as part of such
> process.

I think they are linked, at least in the mind of some IPMC members.
Of course, we can still prepare our graduation resolution, etc., and
get it ready.  Nothing is holding us back on that.

-Rob