Keith N. McKenna wrote:
Hello All;

   I have a proposed draft of a template for use in creating Release
Notes at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Notes+Template.
All comments and changes are welcome. I believe that there is a way to
generate actual templates for the Confluence wiki and I will be digging
through the documentation for it to try and figure out how to do so.

Regards
Keit

After rooting through the the Confluence documentation pages, it appears that admin privileges are need to create a true template. There are two types of templates Space Templates and Global Templates. For space templates you need space admin privileges, or global templates you need Confluence administrator privileges.

I have neither of the above privileges, therefore if the decision is to use the template than someone with those privileges would need to copy it into the template editor.

Regards
Keith