Kay Schenk wrote:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Keith N. McKenna <keith.mcke...@comcast.net
wrote:

Kay Schenk wrote:

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Keith N. McKenna <
keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:

  Hello All;

    I have a proposed draft of a template for use in creating Release
Notes
at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/****confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**<https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OOOUSERS/**>
Release+Notes+Template<https:/**/cwiki.apache.org/confluence/**
display/OOOUSERS/Release+**Notes+Template<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Notes+Template>
.

All comments and changes are welcome. I believe that there is a way to
generate actual templates for the Confluence wiki and I will be digging
through the documentation for it to try and figure out how to do so.

Regards
Keith

  Looks good to me. I think using a template like this will be good for
organization.

  Thanks Kay, that was one of the ideas that prompted me to do this. I
noted that you said in an earlier thread that converting the notes from the
wiki to HTML took some futzing. Are we using the HTML export add-on
that is available or Conluence or are you doing it by hand?

Regards
Keith

I use the html export but it puts it some styling that we don't use on the
web site and it needs to be removed. I'll need to see how it looks if we
just left this in. And then, maybe no futzing needed. Or, maybe I'm doing
something wrong. :/ I'll do this again at some point.

I had noticed the html export when I was rooting through the documentation and wasn't sure i it was installed on our instance of Confluence. Figured that it couldn't hurt to ask. My background is in manufacturing engineering and I am a very large fan of making sure that there are more efficient ways of accomplishing redundant and potentially error prone tasks.

Your knowledge of web design and support shows in the quality of your work. On the other hand what I know of the subject and HTML in general would it on the head of a pin and have room left for thousands of angels. :oD.