On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 21/08/2012 Sylvain DENIS wrote:
>>
>> I translated the text AOO 3.4.1 French. I would put online after the
>> official version.
>

> Thanks, I've committed this to the French site using the naming conventions
> currently used there, so
> http://www.openoffice.org/fr/AOO_annonce_3_4_1.html
>
> I saw that the zh-cn version is already available at
> http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/news/aoo341.html
> (it's unclear to me if this is imacat's version obtained from zh-tw or the
> version supplied by Eric as a CMS contribution).
>
> We also have a German version by Juergen Lange at
> http://www.juergen-lange.de/wp1/archives/1799
> but I'm not sure whether we prefer to link to his site or obtain permission
> from him to republish his article on the official site.
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/announcing_apache_openoffice_3_41 would
> need to be edited to link to the following translations:
> - French: http://www.openoffice.org/fr/AOO_annonce_3_4_1.html
> - Simplified Chinese: http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/news/aoo341.html
> - German: http://www.juergen-lange.de/wp1/archives/1799
> (the last one subject to whether it's OK to link to an external resource or
> not).

I've added a link to the French and Simplified Chinese version, but
not the German one.   I don't think we want to get into the habit of
making official announcements on non-Apache websites.  That will only
lead to confusion about what is official and what is not. For example,
the mess with Team OpenOffice last year.

-Rob