On 11/09/2012 10:04, Rob Weir wrote:
On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:52 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
We have a code of conduct here:
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/list-conduct.html
I believe we discussed that text for several weeks. It started on the
wiki. I eventually moved it onto the website.   But it was written in
the form of guidelines. You would probably need to reword them if you
wanted to have an enforceable "code".

Maybe we don't need an enforceable code since, as Oliver wrote, we can't cover all abuses.

What's missing from the current guidelines to complete them is probably:

- A paragraph about avoiding abuse of privileges by committers and [P]PMC members (and this would cover everything from repeatedly breaking the build to injecting personal PayPal links into the website)

- A paragraph about inactivity (saying, at the very least, that [P]PMC members who expect to have a long inactivity period should notify the [P]PMC and consider whether voluntarily suspending their privileges)

- A final article with the list of possible consequences Dave listed, but here I agree with Oliver that we merely want to list them and discuss case by case instead of discussing a detailed policy that won't cover all cases anyway.

Regards,
  Andrea.