On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Dave;
>
> What details do you need? :)
>
> I see it as a interesting approach:
> - Take 10 people that you think should be in the PMC.
> - Don't include yourself.
> - Add everyone that hits the radar after a week.
>

> we have a new PMC by direct consensus ;).

And we should all remember that the end of this selection process is
not the end of the evolution of the PMC.  It is only the start.  The
PMC selected in this way would have the full ability to make additions
going forward, per the normal PMC process.  So this is not a list
carved in stone, for all time.  It is just the starting point.

So, IMHO, the question is:  will a PMC list selected by this means:

1) Have only those members who have a high degree of consensus
approval and community trust?

and

2) Can this list be trusted to further evolve the PMC in the future in
a way the continues to maintain the trust of the community?

In other words, the initial list does not need to be perfect.  But it
does need to be trusted.

-Rob