On 9/25/12 7:15 AM, imacat wrote:
>     I feel honored to be listed.  I would like to help PMC if there is a
> chance.

I am sure you will and you already does

>     In any case, I suggest at least one female should be included in the
> PMC, to encourage the contribution of females in the community and bring
> diverse voices in PMC.  It is very important to encourage more and more
> female contributors to join the community, and make them feel that
> OpenOffice is theirs', not of some male geeks.

interesting view and I agree. Well I personally have never
differentiated between female/male contributors and I am happy and
welcome any contributor here at Apache.

And I think we are on a good way. We have a growing number of female
contributors here in our project and of course many of them are coming
from Asia. We are now really global and have many contributors from all
over the world. But we can always do better ;-)

>     I also suggest to include Asians.  From the past experience of
> OpenOffice.org, the main problem of the Asian community is that we are
> not included in the project.  The problem of Asian text processing is
> very different than that of Latin text.  It was very difficult for many
> most important Asian problems to be heard by non-Asian people.  It shall
> change and make a significant difference when Asians are included in PMC.

I think it is already addressed with some names on the list and I agree
that Asia is important for us to grow our community. But I also think
that we don't differentiate here. Nobody will get an advantage because
of the simple fact that she/he is coming from Asia. I think we will
recognize all contributions in the same way and when we noticed that
somebody does a great job here and help us to grow the community and the
project we will surely consider the PMC membership. We want to grow in
all areas!

Juergen