On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm sorry, Rob.  Those files are toxic *for me*.  I can't touch them in their
> present state.  I also don't want to read them in their present state until
> the provenance and permissive licensing is dealt with.

The files are covered by an SGA, checked in by an IBM employee covered
by an iCLA and a CCLA.  That is a triple assurance.   If the only
thing that is holding you back from being productive with these files
is the copyright header, then I'll make an extra effort to see if I
can help you there.  I wouldn't want you to be blocked for the lack of
this.    But I really wish you would have mentioned this before the
day we're proposing graduation.  The contribution of Symphony was made
months ago.

> What is irrelevant for you is not irrelevant for me.  And you're not my
> lawyer.
>
> Offering to remove the files is bizarre.  What is that, slash-dot bait?

No, I'm serious.  If this is a blocking issue for anyone, I'm willing,
able and happy to delete. I wouldn't want anyone concerned about
"toxic files" in SVN.  When Pedro had concerns with the Cat-b  files
in SVN he was praised for his "axe".  I'm just offering to use mine as
well.

-Rob