The guys from KOffice got some funding by Nokia to port their office
suite to Maemo-Meego back in 2009, if the project experience demand
they were going to continue their work for a full blown editor.
Unfortunately, we all know what happened to those. However, I do
wonder what would it prevent anyone to take the OO algoritm to manage
ODF and port it to Java and skin it under the Android native Toolkit.

I think that was the goal of the URE, to have an engine separate from
the product. However this engine didnt really acquire much demand,
also I think it was a bit too bootstrap. At least thats the feedback I
saw from the lists of devs when they tried to use it.

A different effort on Andorid are the WebODF viewer
(http://webodf.org/) which is available on the Google store on JS, I
think is a rework of XUL ODFViewer http://odfview.webs.com/:

Also there is already a AndrOffice which is mainly a spreadsheet, but
they are working on making this a full fledge office suite.
http://www.androffice.com

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice