Am 10/14/2012 05:58 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.m...@wtnet.de>  wrote:

Am 10/10/2012 05:29 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Andrea Pescetti<pesce...@apache.org>**
wrote:

  On 09/10/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:

  http://www.openoffice.org/****test/<http://www.openoffice.org/**test/>
<http://www.openoffice.**org/test/<http://www.openoffice.org/test/>>

I am  invoking *lazy consensus* on these changes and put this in place
sometime on Sat, PDT -- say 15:30, unless there are objections.

It's nice indeed. I only see the "Valid XHTML" icon positioned a bit too
high maybe... Is it wanted?
http://people.apache.org/~****pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png<http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png>
<**http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png<http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/ooo-www-test.png>

And, by the way, clicking on it reveals that there are a couple of markup
fixes to apply, but I don't know if those are due to the CMS or to
specific
markup of the page.

hmmm...thanks for the feedback. Yes, the positioning can be changed and I
will look at the fixes it tags.

I've changed the positioning of the W3C validator logo to show it left
aligned. IMHO it's looking better than stuck to the rightmost. I hope you
don't mind.

Marcus

Well I kind of like it off to the right better, but this isn't a big issue
for me.

As for the validator element itself...I would be in favor of removing it
entirely. It's only on the home page so what's the point unless we want to
add it to the footer area, so it would display on ALL pages.  Ah! I just

Good point. Moving it into the footer would be great.

Marcus

saw Rob's response! I'm all for removing this little graphic entirely as
well.

Yes, I too saw the "publisher" error, but decided to just leave it alone.