On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [top posting -- old discussion/business]
>
> I just created a little wiki schematic page based on this discussion at:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Project+Management+Roles
>
> which will make it easy for us to add roles, people to roles, etc.
> [The second column, intended for actual names, is blank so far.]

I'm not really sure what problem we're solving here.

For example, if person X is assigned role Y, I assume we don't want to
encourage people to contact person X directly for questions or
assistance.  We should do our work on ooo-dev.

I assume we also want to avoid the type of hard-coded roles that
existed with OOo, where the names, personal email addresses and even
phone numbers of community manages, press contacts, etc., were on
hundreds of web pages.

I suggest keeping this light-weight, non-exclusive, open to all who
are interested, etc.  So more like "areas of interest" or "contact
point" rather than hard-coded roles.  Remember, people do go on
vacation, volunteers come and go, real life intervenes.  So we cannot
"assign" someone a role in the same way we can an employee.

> Rob referenced the following page as part of this thread:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ppmc-faqs.html#status
>
> Which probably needs updating or ???? Of course, this is one of the items
> that needs to go in the "Graduation checklist" just started today as well.

Note this page as well, which goes in the other direction, mapping
person to area:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/people.html

It would suck if we had to track the same information in both places.
Maybe there is a way we can track this in one place?

Maybe add a "role" column to the "people" page?  I dunno.

-Rob