Thanks.

The biggest problem with .po is that it does not contain a file reference
(the directory structure is a copy of the source structure), I can put the
path in the po file as a comment, but that is not very robust.

The translators will see no difference (apart from changing poEdit for
offline), so their barrier is the same.

Seen purely from a development perspective the time needed is about the
same.

I dont know if it is a valid point, but with xliff we get automatic support
for the status of the translation (to be done, to be reviewed, translated,
integrated...) which might be something we should use in the future (NOT as
a first step).

I have no opinion on 1 or 2 projects, that was in the old
document...logistically it is easier with just one project. However it is
easy to make 1 UI and 1 HELP file, but making like 20 might be more
difficult (which sources go where..).

thanks for your input.
jan