On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:
> Hello Rob, *,

The ooo-marketing list is a great place to coordinate international
campaigns.  And we have a German list for local events, yes?

> Currently I am professionally e.g. in negotiations for a major consulting
> company, which either LO or AOO want to use (instead of MS Office) on
> hundreds or thousands of workplaces, but these companies want to see visible
> presence of AOO.
>  Such companies want from me, as an expert, impartial advice and not the
> reference to other companies.
>
>  For Germany, I would wish for the future practical cooperation of
> consultants like me, medium-sized businesses, large companies, such as IBM,
> and the community, for mutual success.

I think the consultants directory is the best option here.  I see
companies looking for AOO support, but they are sometimes too small to
interest IBM.  But they would be a good size for smaller companies.
I'd love to be able to refer them to a local small company.

>  I'm ready for this for a long time, and as many of the German community, but
> we must finally start real actions.
>
>  LibreOffice is everywhere in Germany, but where are we? Where AOO is really
> visible in Germany?
>
> Besides exhibitions (e.g. CeBIT or as the "LinuxTag" in Berlin), were "IHK
> meetings" an important opportunity. In the next year it will be an event of
> FroDeV commercial users give (http://www.frodev.org/konferenz), I'm sure that
> LibreOffice will be there, but also Apache OpenOffice?

Suggestion:

1) Take one of the general overview presentations from ApacheCon and
clean it up.  Make it into the "standard' AOO overview presentation.
Put it on the marketing wiki.  Get it translated into various
languages.  Maintain it so it remains current.

2) Start a wiki page to lists events-of-interest.  List event, date,
location, link to website, etc.  Project members who are local to that
event can volunteer to present there.  Many are doable as a day trip.
CeBit is in Hanover, 92 minutes from Hamburg on the ICE train, for
example.

3) For critical events where there are no local project members we can
check with other Apache members, from other projects, to see if they
can help cover it.  In return, maybe we help promote related projects
at events we are able to attend.

4) If any critical conference is still not covered, then we look at
other options.

-Rob