On 2012/10/29 23:26, Rob Weir said:
> Then there is the secondary question of network effect and value of
> the network.  The more AOO users there are they greater the value of
> skills in AOO extension development, of AOO training and certification
> skills, and of migration and deployment services, etc.  These business
> interests all become more valuable the more users we have.  Although
> nothing requires that business built on AOO contribute back to the
> project, in practice they often will, since helping to sustain the
> project helps their business as well.  So aside from the "volunteer
> pyramid" we set up a second virtuous cycle with business interests.

    Unfortunately, in the few cases I've seen, this is just negative.
In practice many of these business just don't help to sustain the
project.  I suppose many of them do help to sustain the project.  Why
some do and some don't is another interesting issue to be investigated
further.

    I occasionally hear some local business doing OpenOffice support,
but I cannot reach them.  They just don't respond to us, and have no
interests to connect to the open source community.  (Afraid of us
stealing their business?  Afraid of us sharing their profit?  Just
afraid of communication trouble?  Being conservative for Asian culture?)

    This inference is basically great, but there are some potential
holes in it.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <ima...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>